Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bloglines

I made a brief, unsuccessful foray into the world of RSS some time ago. Here's hoping this time goes better. I'm pretty sure it will. I already feel more confident about using it, which is half to two-thirds of the battle. I found the "related feeds" tool useful. I subscribed to Library Link of the Day, and Bloglines suggested several related feeds. Some of them I'd just unsubscribed from, but I did find Librarians Internet Index, which I like. That site let you choose which RSS reader to use for subscribing, which was nice. Some of the others I looked at didn't give a choice when I clicked on the feed button. Bloglines wasn't able to find the feed for our Learning 2.0 blog. I suspect it's because its on the intranet, so can't be accessed by "outside" tools. Sydic8 let me find Libraryman. There is apparently a new librarian Horde guild, for those WoWers who might be interested. Barrens chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment