Tuesday, January 20, 2009

7 1/2 Habits

So, the most difficult (for me) of the 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Learners? That's a firm "It depends."
Let's say I wanted to learn how to rebuild an engine so I don't have to pay someone to do it for me. My end goal would be pretty straight forward -- be able to rebuild an engine. My confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner, though, would be practically nil. Good thing I know a good engine guy.

Habit 1 -- beginning with the end in mind -- is the most difficult with this Learning 2.0 project. Which end? The personal satisfaction? The ability to help customers when they have problems with 2.0ish stuff? Bragging rights? The cool prize? The easiest is Habit 4 -- have confidence in yourself as a comptetent, effective learner. I'm confident that I can learn this stuff. I've already learned to blog!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe all of the above would be ends in mind, for me the prize would have to be the goal. I am super competitive...I envy your confidence and will try chanting that I can do it, I can do it...not aloud however, as I am at work!!

    ReplyDelete