Monday, January 26, 2009

Cursor you, City of Heroes!

With Richard Garriot's Tabula Rasa heading to the MMORPG graveyard, NCSoft gave me free time on a couple of its other games. One of them is City of Heroes, a superhero game my Seattle brother plays and that I've played a little at his place. I have Windows Vista at home, which gives the option to use programs in a way compatible with previous versions of Windows. I decided to give it a shot with CoH, just to see what would happen. With most previous versions of Windows, the cursor was invisible -- not a superpower it's supposed to have. With one (either XP or ME/2000, I forget which), it changed shape and color, making it easier to see than invisible mode but harder than Vista mode. The cursor -- it's technology, and it interests me.

No comments:

Post a Comment