Thursday, June 11, 2009

Award Winning Web 2.0 Sites

Alas, BBC Player left me disappointed. While radio stations are available most places, video is only for those in the UK. Rights agreements. So, no free Dr. Who episodes for me.



One Sentence is cool. A complete story in only one sentence. My favorite is the person who sat on the grass near a rock. A rock that subsequently got up and walked off, showing itself to have been a bobcat in disguise. Some of the entries make me wonder why anyone would want the whole world to know about that. I can't think of a library use for this one.



I can think of uses for YouTube. No, it's not just a mindless time waster. There's good stuff on there. It could be a place to put tutorials or booktalks, or even do staff training. Instead of trying to catch everyone to update them on that cool new Sirsi feature, it could be posted to YouTube. There's always training at the annual Regional All Staff meetings, but they're on the same day, which means no-one can go to both. No problem, just record it and post it to YouTube. Of course, the training part assumes that one can set up a private channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment